Wastewater Plant Shift Operator
A major northeast Wastewater Treatment Plant is looking for a Shift Operator. Starting salary is $46,530. Under supervision, on an assigned shift, is responsible for performing operational procedures, minor maintenance, including painting and housekeeping tasks, at the treatment facility. Collects wastewater samples, maintains required log sheets, and operates a wide variety of mechanical and electrical equipment used in the treatment processes. Makes regular and scheduled inspections throughout his/her assigned area, recognizes, corrects or reports potential interruption/failure of equipment or process to the Operations Supervisor. Performs and/or assists Operations Supervisor in operational procedures during emergency conditions. Responsible for the good housekeeping of equipment and buildings in the assigned area as well as other employee areas of the Authority. Performs related and other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or Graduate Equivalency Diploma.
- Previous experience in a water or wastewater treatment facility or related industry is preferred.
- Previous education or training in a recognized technical institute or college in an area of study or training related to wastewater is preferred.
- Possession of a valid S-1 New Jersey Wastewater Operators License issued in accordance with N.J.S.A. 58:11-64, et seq. is preferred.
Special Qualifications, Knowledge & Abilities
- An interest in the operation of a wastewater treatment facility.
- Working knowledge of safety practices in the operation of electrical and mechanical equipment and in the general performance of duties.
- Ability to operate various types of equipment used in the wastewater treatment process in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
- Must be reliable and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must present neat, courteous and professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be thoroughly safety conscious when performing duties.
- Must be in good physical condition because work at times requires heavy lifting and other physical exertion.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles Auto Operator’s license and have a safe driving record.
Applicants shall mail or email the completed Employment Application, resume and salary requirements to:
Linden Roselle Sewerage Authority, Attn: Executive Director, P.O. Box 4118, 5005 South Wood Avenue, Linden, NJ 07036 or email the Executive Director here.